Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Long time

Hi ladies. WOW - it's been a long time. I got really off track and had a hard time getting back on. I ate awful when Bob's mom was in the hospital because there weren't a lot of healthy options, and frankly, I didn't care much in the moment. (Praise the Lord - she is home now and we can't notice any brain damage! This is a miracle! Thank you for your prayers!) Then last week, I started my new job and this perpetuated the bad habits (eating too much and not exercising) because I wanted to eat out with my new coworkers and make friends and I was too exhausted at night to work out because I'm not used to getting up early in the morning. I'm starting to adjust - kind of. Clearly not getting enough sleep still though since I have to be up in less than 6 hours. I'll need to get a better handle on this, or I'll run myself into the ground. I just had to take a few minutes and write though. Do you ever have a mental block with something? Like you put it off and put it off and then it seems harder and harder to do? And so you wait, and it gets even harder? That's where I got with this blog. Bob encouraged me to get back on the wagon though and ask for encouragement. I'm floundering a bit. I did work out this evening with Bob while watching some TV. It was my idea and he at first was not into it. After watching me step on and off of a chair for a bit though, he got motivated and we did it together. It was pretty fun. I haven't gained too much through all of this, but it's really an opportunity cost. I could have lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks, but instead I've gained 1. I suppose minor setbacks are ok. We're coming to crunch time though soon - and I really can't afford to waste weeks. Ok, I'll keep you posted ladies. Thanks for being here - it REALLY does help to spur me on.

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately life often makes losing weight difficult. What you need to remember is that the changes you make need to be lifestyle changes. Unless you create an environment that you can sustain for the rest of your life, the weight will always come back after you are done with your "diet". Eat healthy because you want to live a healthy life...same with the exercise. Keep moving forward to the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so hard when your life take a twist. Just remember that each day is a new day. Don't look back at the time you lost as a bad thing. Just look at is a modivation (sp) to move forward. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've done well not to put much weight on during a very stressful time so that is very hopeful for your weightloss regime. good luck over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 pound is nothing! Obviously you were somewhat conscious of what you were doing or it could have been a lot worse. Don't worry about it girl. Do you do any funny things before weighing yourself? I like ot do it first thing in the morning after i pee but before I shower and eat breakfast. For some reason this is when i feel my lightest, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all put things off for later and make it crazily difficult. I had another blog of mine, for instance, where i documented all i had read in the day. It didn't last beyond 5 posts though had a few people motivating me. I just hopped on and deleted it because i couldn't take the guilt of not being able to reach my daily goals.

    YOU- don't do that. Stay put. You gained just a pound because despite all the over-eating, you worked at getting mum-in-law to be good again, are working hard a your new job. Your brain needs energy to function and you are only doing it a favor by eating your meals.

    Work out when you can. Sleep enough. Walk to and fro from work, if possible. Eat many small meals through the day.

    Your best dress awaits. (i see you light up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that Bob's mom is home and is doing well. As for the last few weeks....don't look back, just keep focused and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! How are you? Staying out, i hope. Don't feel pressurized. You'll do good. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gain of 1 pound means nothing. It can be water weight or just extra poop in your colon when you weighed yourself. I wouldn't look too much at the # of pounds you lose either. I mean if you're happy w. your looks thats enough right? why bother w. #s. Weightloss is a lifestyle change. Your interventions lasts for a life time, so no need to measure days or weeks.

    ReplyDelete