Friday, February 12, 2010

Back on track

Hi readers! Oh, so exciting that I actually have readers now!! I don't have much time but wanted to report an update for today. I was under my allotted calories for yesterday and also was active. I go to a group in my church every Thursday night for people in their 20s and I'm usually walking around a lot and on my feet that night. At the end of the evening, my friend was having a hard time (she ran into her ex boyfriend there) so we started walking laps around the church. It's a big church, and a woman that works there told us as we were walking that 6 laps is a mile. We did 7 and then stopped because I was wearing furry boots and my feet were too hot. It was nice to get in that added exercise though. They had chips out all night but I stayed clear. When I got up this morning and got on my Wii for the body test, I had dropped the extra poundage that I'd put on this week! That was nice news. Tonight, Bob (fake name for the man) has plans with a guy friend, so I'm going to a Valentine's Day event with my girlfriends at my church. The women are to dress up, and come to be served a three course meal. Because I have limited control about what I eat tonight, I made sure to eat a very light lunch. I had a lean pocket and will probably have a little oatmeal about...now. Ok, must finish V-day present for Bob. Ta ta for now ladies!

Weight: 173.7

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! Keep going with your nutrition efforts! It takes a lot of discipline, but it looks like you are doing great! When are your getting married?

    I am following now! Can't wait to see your progress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!That reminds me. Here's a little trick that I use when I'm trying to drop a little weight: When I'm feeling snacky, I eat about a tablespoon of dry oatmeal. It swells in your stomach and makes you feel full. If you're still hungry in about 30 minutes, you'll know it's real hunger and not just the bored munchies. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda - Hi! Thanks for following! I'm not sure of the exact date. We aren't engaged yet. We want a six month engagement. "Bob" had made a comment in January about getting married in a year so that's the vague idea I have in my head. I want to get a jump on the weight loss now though because in 6 months, I'll probably be consumed with wedding preparations.

    Susanlee - Dry oatmeal? I would have never guessed! I am totally going to try that!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being on your feet a lot is mighty good progress already! Plus the 7 laps while talking your friend out of her gloom sound good- i'm sure that didn't feel like exercise yet turned out to be fine stuff!

    3 course valentine's meal at church- hmmmm- i'm tempted! Belated happy valentine's to you and bob.

    ReplyDelete