Saturday, February 13, 2010

New ALL TIME low!!

Hi readers! Your support and encouragement is working (along with my workouts and calorie counting)! I am so pumped right now! I jumped on the Wii this morning and got the lowest reading I have ever seen (that I can remember - I clearly wasn't this weight ALL my life - but it's been quite a while). It read 172.2! This is a new low and I'm so excited to see these results. I think that even when I was in high school, I was 175. I ate well yesterday, conserved my calories for the mystery dinner, and didn't overindulge when it came. I had a glass of wine with my friends afterward which was nice too. When I got home around 1am the LAST thing I wanted to do was work out, but I hadn't done anything all day so I decided to do my 6 minute shake weight video and a half hour stepping on the Wii Fit while I watched "Property Virgins". I usually watch the skinny people on E! as an incentive to push harder but they weren't on that late :) Ok, so now the real challenge ahead - can I manage to NOT backtrack over Valentine's Day weekend??? Bob and I are going to two valentine's day parties tonight and he's taking me out to some mystery restaurant tomorrow. We'll probably go out for lunch after church too. That could be bad. Eating out twice a day totally kills the calorie goals. Ok - hold me to this readers - I will NOT eat out on Sunday after church. We'll go back to one of our homes and eat something low in calories. Alright, I must make some lunch, the tummy is growling. I probably won't be back until late Sunday or early Monday - so let me take this chance to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Weight: 172.2

8 comments:

  1. That's the best way to do it - don't kill yourself trying but make gradual changes in your life style like NOT eating out... I had great luck with cutting back on carbs - still had my greasy burger but threw out the top or bottom bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're strong - I love carbs too much to cut them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can still eat out but make better choices. Before you go to the restaurant look up the nutritional information to help you make a good choice.

    Usually meal portions are huge so tell the waiter to bring a to go box when he brings your meal. I am by no means an expert. Make sure your changes are things that you can live with...things that fit into your lifestyle. So, if eating out was part of your lifestyle, don't cut it out. Just learn tips and tricks to help you.

    If you go to a restaurant that leaves bread or chips in the table, tell the waiter to take them. I have a friend that pours water in her left over food if the waiter takes to long to take her plate to the kitchen. You can do this. Keep your eyes on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we go out to eat, I seperate my meal into 1/2 or 1/3 depending on size,and keep myself to one portion. I take the rest home and have a lunch or two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to http://www.dwlz.com/ (Dotties Weight Loss Zone). She has TONS of restaurants on her site that show the menus and what is good to eat/not..def worth checking out if you know what restaurant your going to.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am following yours now so we can encourage one another. You are welcome to follow mine too.
    My husband and I are renewing our vows next year (2011) for our 25th anniversary and I am getting a gown too.....cant wait! You will look fab in yours too, just keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish you lots of scale goddess fairy dust as you lose weight for your wedding! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the greetings and great tips ladies!

    Kristina - That's awesome you're renewing your vows for your 25th anniversary. How special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually worked out for beyond half hour post 1 am?? Girl- you are my new hero! You don't need my motivation- though i'm VERY TEMPTED to steal a chunk of yours!!

    Go girl- that dress is sure to look good on you!

    ReplyDelete