Sunday, February 21, 2010

Good food, bad self control

Hi ladies! I'm a night owl so I decided to post about my weekend. Bob and I went to visit my sister in college Friday night and then went to see my mom Saturday night. We ate out a TON! I started out good on Friday night and got a low cal option from Chili's. Saturday afternoon wasn't bad either - Jimmy John's sandwich (about 550 cals). Saturday night is where it started to go terribly wrong. Bob and I went out to a Chinese buffet with my mom and grandma. The food was so good and I just ate whatever I wanted (which was fried food - and a lot of it). I overate and was SO full. Sometimes when I'm eating, I know that I'm full but enjoy the food so much that I just can't stop myself. That's not helpful. It only gets worse...we went to the same Chinese buffet again for lunch today (Sunday). I did better than Sat night (no ice cream and a little less food) but not great. I told myself that I'd just eat soup tonight and do my Wii and make up for it. What I didn't realize was that Bob and I were doing dinner with three other people that night. We went to a Greek restaurant. It was SO good. I held back some (no wine), but not enough - I ate Saganaki (with bread of course), Spanakopita (spinach pie), rice, potato, AND a few bites of Bakliva and chocolate cake. To make all of this worse - I got home and had no motivation at all to get on my Wii Fit. Bob and I started house shopping and I sat on my couch for hours looking at homes online.

Pretty sure I lost any progress I made last week and may have even GAINED weight. I guess we'll find out in the morning when I hop on to be weighed. Alright, I need to remember that it's a new week and that I can get back on track!

Oh - the one good thing to report though is that my family all told me that I looked great! They could totally see the difference already and that felt great!

5 comments:

  1. That happens. Remember too when you weigh in that you'll probably be retaining fluid from all the eating out. Focus on eating clean and healthy and getting back on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffets are the worst, aren't they? They offer so much that it's hard to be sensible. To make matters worse, you had to eat out so many meals. You never know what they put into the food too.

    You have all week to get back on track though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find buffets impossible. I (like almost everyone) goes in with the mentality that you need to eat tonnes in order to get your monies worth! Such a shame because most buffest are pricey and I don't eat seafood or any of the big ticket items. No worries luv, you'll get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the attitude!!! You're totally right, it's a new week which means another opportunity to kick butt! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're LOOKING great already- amazing! Don't worry about the gain- weight can never be static- it'll melt- you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete