Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bad day for weight loss

Hi readers. Well today was a bad day for weight loss. To start with, I jumped on my Wii Fit + in the morning to weigh me, and I was up 0.9 lbs. I know this isn't drastic, but down is clearly better than up in this venture so gaining a pound wasn't my favorite way to start the day. I didn't get nearly enough sleep as I was up with a racing mind about a couple job interviews I had today and I was up much earlier than other days this week. I got ready, spent 20 mins scraping snow off of my car, and headed off to my first interview. What am I leaving out? Breakfast! In my rush, I neglected to take a LOW calorie breakfast bar along and instead scarfed down an Einstein Bros. bagel/cream cheese before my first interview. Nice. Blow 1/4 of your daily calorie allotment on a bagel. For lunch, I met my boyfriend and had Chipotle. This is ok to eat if my other meal is soup, but I knew I was going out for dinner. Dinner was the real kicker. We went to a bar before a sporting event and I had 2 martinis, 1 beer, a greasy cheeseburger, and french fries. I refuse to enter all of this into my calorie counter (www.livestrong.com) because I think it would be depressing to see how far over I went. I suppose I'll still wake up in the morning and weigh myself, but I can already see how this will turn out. Another increasing number versus decreasing. :(

Current weight (before all of said food): 174.8

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite to follow your blog. I feel your pain, as weight is an issue of mine as well. I wish you great success on your journey to a skinnier you. I do stand up comedy, and part of my routine is making fun of my weight...but sometimes it really isn't funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I can feel your pain. I've never been one of those who could eat all they wanted but at the age of 15 someone close to me (my father) told me I had better hold on to my looks because I didn't have anything else going for me. Looking back now I see just how crazy he was but it also put me into almost 20 of being bulimic before it had a popular name. At times now I feel 'fat' but know when I stop and think I'm healthy and that's much better.

    Now put down that cheeseburger and pass on the fries and you'll be 1 step closer to that 'hot' wedding day... LOL tomorrow go for the fries and pass on the greasy burger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say you are doing good to even try, the weight issue is so hard! My husband has battled it, forever. Now my battle is opposite, trying to gain, it is not what everyone wants. It is hard, think of eating when you have a virus. Congrats to you!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I'm sure it can't be that bad- i'm thinking of all the crisps i gulp down thoughtlessly. But, you're constantly counting in your head and not mindlessly eating- so that is good!

    p.s. taking snow off your car might have burnt a few of those calories, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete