Thursday, February 18, 2010

Down down

Hi ladies! I know I haven't posted in a couple of days, but I have good things to report! The weight has been going down, down this week! I have made my workouts a little longer (around an hour vs. a half hour) and have also been very selective about what I'll eat. Here's a weigh in...

Monday 172.6
Tuesday 172.0
Wednesday 170.9
Thursday 170.9

I cannot EVER remember seeing the number 170 in my adult life! This is REALLY happening! I truly believe that I can do this! My entire frame has gotten smaller. I went shopping yesterday with a friend and was amazed! I just accepted a new job, and so I bought some clothes to celebrate! I was so pleased that everything looked so good on me! I had a little fashion show for Bob and he was so impressed!

My big thing now is motivating HIM! He needs to lose way more weight than me. I half started this to look great for my wedding, and half to motivate him. I'd like him around a long long time, and he said that if he doesn't shed the weight, it won't happen. I think he's at 343 right now (6'1"). He wants it, but I don't see him counting the calories, and doing the workouts. He has lost 3 lbs over the last couple of weeks, but I know that he could shed so much more if he gave it his all. The new job I'm taking is right down the street from his office and the gym I go to has a location in that town. I think he's going to get a membership and we can start going after work together. That should be good for both of us! Any tips on how to motivate your husband/boyfriend??

4 comments:

  1. Your energy and excitement is so motivating! Your doing such a great job and so many things are happening for you that are positive so that helps keep your motivation at an all time high. Congrats on the # on the scale (your only 10 pounds away from my GOAL weight)lol. I hope Bob can get as inspired as you are and do something about his weight. Your getting married to spend a lifetime together and starting it healthy, will keep IT healthy!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo wish I knew how to motivate my husband! I recently tried a little friendly competition since he is verrryy competitive. But that didn't work. Unfortunately I think we all need to find motivation for ourselves, much as we so want to help others.

    I think if you make healthy meals for both of you and don't buy any unhealthy snack food for him and try to work out together you would be going a long ways to helping him. DH has started coming to my gym with me and I am surprised at home much I like that:)

    Now if I could just get him to eat better. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing SO well! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't push him too much- i'd probably start feeling low if i were in his place then. He does know why you're taking this so seriously, right? Then, i'm sure THAT is motivation enough. Drag him to the gym- great idea. YOU will then be a great motivator. Plus with you counting calories, he can't be hogging for long around you! (The guilt is bound to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete