Thursday, February 11, 2010

No Surprise

Ok, it was expected. Weight did not go down today after the three meals (and drinks) I had out yesterday. It's so hard to eat out and still eat well. I went out to lunch today with a couple girlfriends and we went to the Olive Garden. I got the soup/salad/breadstick combo. I limited myself to one breadstick - so hard - those things are so good! I've calculated that I had just over 500 calories. NOT bad for eating out (especially at Olive Garden). For dinner, I plan on eating in, so it'll be much easier to control calories.

I ordered a shake weight online a few days ago (www.shakeweight.com) and it came in the mail today! I just tried it out and did the 6 minute workout. I love it! It's pretty easy but I can feel that I really worked my muscles. I think if I do this every morning, it'll help me further tone my arms. I'm pretty good about hopping on my Wii Fit + but it doesn't do a whole lot for my arms. This should be a nice compliment to that. Ok, hope to report back good things tomorrow! Thanks to all of you new followers! It's motivating knowing that people are with me on this!

Weight: 175.5

6 comments:

  1. I receive your comment. You should consider linking your email address to your blogger profile so that when you comment people will be able to respond to you via email.

    You should check out my friend Jodi's blog, Workin' It Out and some of the blogs that she follows. I'm sure you would find a lot of inspiration there. Let me know if you can't find the link and I'll send it to you... if you link up your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got your comment on my blog! I'll be happy to follow your journey, although, personally, I think you look just fine. -grin-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from someone else's blog, don't remember which. Kudos to you for trying to lose the weight for whatever reason. Been there, done that several times. Still have the size 22 dress, in the process of losing the husband, though. Did Weight Watchers several years ago, lost 84lbs and put 80 of them back on. Now on Quick Weight Loss Centers program, down 18.5lbs in 5 weeks. Best advice I can give you from that so far is: limit your carbs, sugars and salt, and up your protein and veggies. Also try an appetite suppressant and/or metabolism enhancer thingy.

    Natalie
    adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com
    5'8"
    starting weight: 238.5
    current weight: 220.0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer - Thanks for that tip. I'll have to check out Jodi's blog.

    Susanlee - Thanks!! I appreciate that!

    Natalie - Sorry to hear about the marriage issues. I hope that those can be resolved. That's really encouraging news about the recent weight loss though! Thanks for the advice! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend checking out the recipes on this blog.....
    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new shake weight sounds good!

    Don't overdo the arm exercise initially. Build it up. I know how bad the muscle pain can be when you go overboard with exercising on day 1. It then feels like- Ah! so much for motivation!

    ReplyDelete