Monday, February 15, 2010

Numbers and Deadlines

Ok ladies - Valentine's Day is over and I'm back to talking about weight loss. The wedding seems even more real now since we've looked at engagement rings! I really need to push hard to be at my goal. I was pretty good this weekend, despite going to an event Friday night, 2 parties Saturday night, and a fabulous Italian dinner last night. As promised - I ate lunch in yesterday.

Here are my Monday morning comparisons for the past four weeks...

Monday, Jan 18 - 180.1
Monday, Jan 25 - 178.8 (lost 1.3)
Monday, Feb 1 - 175.5 (lost 3.3)
Monday, Feb 8 - 175.0 (lost 0.5)
Monday, Feb 15 - 172.6 (lost 2.4)

That's 7.5 lbs in 4 weeks!

General Stats:

Starting weight: 183 lbs
Current weight: 172.6 lbs
Goal: 129 lbs
Weight lost: 10.4 lbs
Weight to lose: 43.6 lbs

I wonder if I need a deadline on this goal. Clearly, the wedding is the ultimate deadline, but I don't know when exactly that will be and I don't want to try on a dress that in 6 months I can't wear. I'd prefer to be at my goal weight when I start that process. With 43.6 lbs to go, and a healthy rate of 2 lbs a week, that's about 22 weeks. 22 weeks out is July 19 (Bob's birthday!!). I think that I want to allow a little wiggle room though, so let's call it Monday, August 2. That's 24 weeks to lose 43.6 lbs (avg 1.8 lbs a week). It's a little daunting to think of that big number, but if I just think about 2 lbs a week, and what I'll look like after 24 weeks of doing that at 129 - I think this is something I can do!!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good goal. I have given myself about a one week loss because of fluctuations and just "off" weeks- but if you are really determined, you CAN achieve this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is possible, I really do! Good luck and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can do it.
    I wanted to be at goal by June but I don't think that's realistic for me so as of right now I don't have a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is doable! I would also recommend figuring out your halfway point and start there with your goal. Breaking it up into smaller goals can make it easier instead of getting overwhelmed by the big picture. Don't get discouraged if you have an off day or week. Keep pushing forward to the goal. I used to have monthly goals at the very beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great goal. Just remember how you take it off is what you will have to do the rest of your life to keep it off. This is so true!! My mom lost weight eating cereal...as soon as she quit eating cereal all the time the weight poured back on. You sound like you are doing it the right way. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing a pound or two a week is a healthy way of losing weight. Your goal is achievable with a lot of focus. You have a wonderful incentive to lose the weight so that should help motivate you too!

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiiii! Great start to the new year! Looking forward to following your journey! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Go for it! You will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure you can! The effort is totally worth it- you'll FEEL hot, remember?

    By the way, great going!

    ReplyDelete