Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What is this about?

Hi readers! I have decided to start a totally anonymous blog so that I can be brutally honest about my weight loss journey. I have struggled with weight my whole life (thank you dad for the slow metabolism). I can't stand the people who can eat and eat and still look like a model (no offense if you are one of these people - I'm just jealous is all). I had it in my head that I would just always be fat. I am trying to reprogram my thinking now. I don't always have to be fat. It's not written in stone - it's written in the choices I make day to day. I can change those. I can change the way I look.

My highest point was a couple years ago when I tipped just over 200 lbs. High point for weight, low point for self esteem. After a break up, I decided I would work hard and lose weight. I lost just over 25 lbs! I worked out hard at the gym 2 nights a week and ate very small dinners (think steamed broccoli or cereal). The last year and a half though, I have been dating a quite wonderful man. What happens when you date a quite wonderful man? You stop eating cereal or steamed broccoli for dinner and find less time to work out. I had gained some back and was averaging mid 180s.

A thought crossed my mind though - I don't want to look fat in my wedding photos! This will be the most special day of my life and I don't want to watch the videos and photos and think "wow - I look chunky". I want to say "wow - what a hottie I am!" So begins this quest. You may ask me - are you engaged then? Well....no...not yet. However, I know that will happen sometime this year and I don't want to wait to get thin until then. We want a six month engagement and that's not a great deal of time to work with. I'm guessing I have about a year, maybe less before the wedding. That means 10-12 months to kick my butt into shape and drop the lbs for good! I'm already down to an almost new low and want to keep pushing. Will you help me, reader? Will you empathize with me in this journey? Will you encourage me to press on? Will you let me know that someone, somewhere cares about this??

Stats:
Height: 5'4"
Starting weight: 183 lbs
Current weight: 173.9 lbs
Goal: 129 lbs
Weight lost: 9.1 lbs
Weight to lose: 44.9 lbs

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite. You CAN do this! Just take it one day at a time. Don't get discouraged if you have "bad" moments, because we all do. The difference is that those succeed choose to push forward and believe that today is a new day!I will be following!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to echo what Nicole is saying. Also, think of everything you are doing as lifestyle changes. Don't do anything to an extreme that you aren't willing to keep doing. Eat healthy, exercise, make these changes last. Good job taking the first step forward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through your comment on Tiffany's blog. I so did this! I didn't want anyone to know about my weight loss blog because I didn't want them to see me "fail". But a year (and 45 pounds) later, I have told my friends and family because it is AWESOME motivation to KEEP it off! Good luck to you in your journey!

    http://gettingitbacktogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I found your blog through another blog. Let me just say that you CAN and WILL do this if you want to. I've LOST 130 pounds in a little over a year. I did NOT buy into any pills, products, classes, or anything (just the support, encouragement, and prayers of family and friends). My husband is in Medical School and we are way too poor for me to have any sort of assistance with weight loss even if I wanted to.

    I was a HUGE couch potato. When a couch potato starts eating portion controlled meals of lean meats and veggies along with working out like a crazy person, the scale starts moving. Know what I mean? Seriously! Of course, the more you weigh, the more you can lose in the beginning.
    In a nutshell, I eat a lot of chicken, eggs, lowfat cottage cheese, lowfat string cheese, NO CARBS (carbohydrates or carbonation (soda is a no-no), NO SUGAR, and NO CHEATING. Along with all that I'm now running about 15 miles a week. I didn't start out running though.... are you kidding me? I could hardly walk to the gym without getting winded. So, that's where I started.... The DREADED GYM! I went 6-7 days a week and did a solid 60-90 minute cardiovascular workout each time. I think I sweat out most of my fat. LOL!

    Other ways that have contributed to my success have been staying busy and keeping out of the kitchen. Stay away from food... if I wasn't around it, I couldn't eat it. Also, drink lots of WATER. Choose water first! Make sure it's a stomach hunger and not a head hunger. Drink at least 64 oz. of water every single day.

    In the beginning I ate a lot of sugar-free jello jigglers, sugar-free popsicles, etc. Now I don't even want sweets. It's funny how much I've changed.

    Anyways, I'm still on the weight loss journey and am NOT an expert, but I'm finally getting a hang of it this time. I'd be more than happy to help you out if needed.

    Best Wishes on the journey!


    Jenn

    PS. I'll be running my first half marathon on April 25 (yeah, I'm pretty freaked). = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Just stumbled upon your blog, good luck with your weight loss journey from Sydney Australia :)

    ES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thank you for letting me into your life! I'm going to begin reading your blog right at the start so i get to know you better. I'm already impressed with the 9.1 pounds lost!

    Girl you're going to get looking real hot- beware that'll make your guy drag the wedding date earlier! (let's start by congratulating you on finding a nice guy, shall we?!)

    p.s. i looked at the photograph and thought- you've got really slim legs! (now, i'm jealous coz my new-found well rounded bottom doesn't do too much good for me getting into my pants- sigh!) Hope you're blushing red with the compliment- go girl- i'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Also, thanks for allowing me to join in your adventure. I really admire your determination and motivation. Eager to see what happens next for you. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete